O.D. Job Description:
At Tashner Vision Clinic, you will find an experienced and helpful team of eye care professionals dedicated to meeting our patients’ eye health needs. Our mission is to exceed the expectations of our patients by providing exceptional eye care services. We strive to share our expertise with each patient to inform them of all aspects of their visual health, preventative eye health, and eye care products that will enhance their quality of life to a new level of satisfaction. Above all, we believe that every person, patient and staff, who steps foot in our office, should be treated with respect, and should leave our office feeling valued. The expectation is that the patient will mention that this was the best eye examination that they have ever received. That is the standard level of care that we provide at Tashner Vision Clinic.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Create exceptional value in the lives of our patients by delivering extraordinary eye care. Examine, diagnose, treat and manage disorders of the visual system, eye diseases and injuries. Confidently and correctly prescribe glasses and contacts as needed. Demonstrate attention to details; reviews prescriptions and identifies special and complex needs. Perform work accurately and thoroughly despite time pressure and patient volume. Assist in identifying situations involving unsatisfied patients and act quickly for resolution.
- Demonstrates extensive product knowledge; takes the initiative to accurately describe the features and benefits of various lenses and frames.
- Perform vision tests and analyze results.
- Diagnose, treat and manage vision and eye health conditions.
- In addition to prescribing eyeglasses and contact lenses, be knowledgeable in treatment options using pharmaceuticals, low vision, vision therapy and surgical procedures.
- Look to specialize in an area of professional interest, such as vision therapy or low vision rehab.
- Provide pre- and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgery—for example, examining a patient one day postoperatively.
- Evaluate patients for the presence of diseases such as diabetes and refer patients to other healthcare providers as appropriate.
- Promote eye health by counseling patients, including explaining how to clean and wear contact lenses.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong communicator and listener to patients and associates.
- Strong inter-personal skills (friendly, caring, patient).
- Leadership and teamwork skills.
- Sharp decision making skills.
- Experience with different technologies.
Doctor of Optometry degree program and maintain a license to practice in the state of Wisconsin.
Previous experience in a practice (Preferred but not required).
Please send all resumes to email@example.com